5 Keepin' It Tidy Tips for your Home Office Space
1) Keep all the items you need within reach. This will keep your area stocked of all the items you need & you won't have them strewn though out the house. If there is need for these items elsewhere in your home then buy extras & keep them where those are most needed. For example, if your desk is the only place there is a pair of scissors then you may have to go track them down when you are trying to work & need them.
2) Have trashcan & recycling bins at your desk. This will help you immediately discard of things that are trash or need to be recycled so it does not pile up on your desk.
3) Take a pic of your tidy desk. If it's not tidy, then spend some time getting it organized then take a pic of how you would like it to look. Then either print the pic & put it near your desk (you can even laminate it) or just keep the pic on your phone or computer.
4) Set a timer for 15-30 minutes before the end of your work day. You can set this as a daily alarm on your phone. So if you end your workday at 5pm then set the alarm for 4:30 or 4:45pm on the days you work.
5) Put your desk/office area back to match the pic. As best as you can have your area put all back together. This will help you pick up & start fresh the next day.